Trapping permits available at Eldon Hazlet, Sam Parr

October 06, 2013 at 01:19 PM

Eldon Hazlet Trapping Permits:

Three trapping permits will be awarded at a public drawing to be held Oct. 29, 2013 at the site headquarters of Eldon Hazlet State Recreation Area,Carlyle.

Registration begins at 10 a.m. and the drawing will be held at 11 a.m.

Trapping will be permitted in the designated areas from the statewide opening until Jan. 25, and land sets only are permitted.

A 2012 or 2013 trapping license or trapper education card will be required for the drawing.

For more information about trapping opportunities, contact Eldon Hazlet State Recreation Area at (618) 594-3015.

Sam Parr Trapping Permits:

The lake at Sam Parr State Park in Jasper County will be opened for trapping beginning Nov. 10.

Permits for trapping at Sam Parr SP will be allocated at a drawing to be held at 7 p.m. Nov. 1 at the park office.

Permit applicants must submit to the site office prior to the drawing their name, address, phone number, date of birth, and number of traps (water sets only) available for use.

The successful applicant must have a valid trapping license and habitat stamp in addition to a site permit to trap at the site.

For additional information, contact the Sam Parr site superintendent at (618) 783-2661 or the IDNR District Wildlife Biologist at (217) 345-2420.